Friday 1 April 2011

Leap of Faith

Leap of Faith first appeared on Trev's Telautograph on Thursday 3rd March 2011

Once more I ride into the unknown,
Taking that leap of faith into fates future.
There may be thousands watching,
All I hear is my heart beating in the silence of my head
Will this be the time it all goes wrong?
Will I emerge as a burnt cinder?
Will the crowd go wild before they see my death?

The flames are lit.
I start down the slope,
I know the journey I’m taking is short.
The journey is worth a lifetime of thoughts,
I see the target up ahead.
I concentrate on getting the speed right
This feels as good as all the others
The wheels turn ever faster.
I feel elation as the ramp turns up,
A leap of faith is all I require,
To see you on the other side.


©Trevor Litchfield

No comments:

Post a Comment