Friday 31 December 2010

As solstice approaches once again

As solstice approaches once again first appeared on Trev's Telautograph on December 19th 2010

As solstice approaches once again
I find myself with renewed desire.
A new beginning beckons this day
To start a fresh brand new page.
Chapters are complete, assigned
to be read by readers old and new.
Attempting to rewrite this used life
into something new and meaningful.

Having finished too many chapters
in the solstice season of midwinter,
I intend to begin writing my own.
Title, heading, the words are mine
to rewrite this life with new direction.
Gifting the past I wish to release
myself from these lingering ghosts
that seem to haunt my very existence.

Life’s loves are to be relinquished,
old passions placed on the shelf.
They may gather the dust of time
to be remembered and not relived.
Memories past carefully arranged
in cabinets, doors firmly sealed.
Never again to haunt this earthly life
as I walk renewed into the sunlight


©Trevor Litchfield

No comments:

Post a Comment