Sunday 12 December 2010

I am,

I am,
    often depressed,
    asthmatic,
    pessimistic,
    starting from scratch.
   
I feel,
    often lonely,
    sometimes scared,
    creative,
    there is more to come.

I want,
    peace of mind,
    a companion,
    something better,
    to walk in the fields.

I see,
    the trees,
    wasted lives,
    human hate,
    no answers.

I like,
    music,
    to write,
    the smell of books,
    to learn new things.

I love,
    the beach,
    to walk,
    to read,
    to laugh.

I hate,
    the pills,
    confrontation,
    celebrity,
    shaving.

I am,
    me,
    all that you see,
    all that you read,
    all that you sense.

©2010 Trevor Litchfield

1 comment:

  1. I really like this. It is simple and heartfelt, but in its simplicity, profound. Well done.

    ReplyDelete