Thursday 18 October 2018

I Hate Shaving.......I Hate Having Facial Hair Too


I have always hated having to shave my face but I dislike having a hairy face even more! It is itchy, makes my face sore and overall, not a nice thing to have.
A Vintage Safety Razor Add

The market for mens razors amazes me too. There are the big multi-national companies that charge a small fortune for their multi-bladed pieces of modern art. There are the new mail order companies offering their wares at a discount if you subscribe to a monthly/bi-monthly subscription. Then there are companies that seem to want you to part with your hard earned attempting to sell you a classic, single bladed safety razor.

All of this is great if you like to spend plenty of time on your ‘image’. Me? I like a clean shave that does not cost a small fortune and that I can purchase when I want. I use what a lot of people would consider a cheap and cheerful option. I use an own brand one that one of our big high street pharmacy sells (you know the one based in Nottingham). It is a 3 bladed affair and does an excellent job for me. The handle is inexpensive, yet strong and sturdy. Replacement blades are also inexpensive. Best of all, I get a really decent shave from it.

I know we are all in the position to buy and use what we want or like and mens grooming seems to be a growing thing these days, especially with the growing trend of fine beards. This is not a rant, just an observation that is confusing this old git.

No comments:

Post a Comment