Sunday 7 November 2010

Housework!

Give me the vacuum cleaner and I’ll vacuum where ever you want.
Give me a pile of washing and it will be laundered and piled neatly for you.
Give me a shopping list and the larder will be full when you come home.
I’ll even cook it for you to enjoy.
I’ll clean windows,
Fix shelves,
Decorate rooms,
Clean the bath,
And yes even the toilet!
In fact I’ll do anything you ask but I hate the washing up!

Dirty dishes pots and pans all staring from their grease and grime.
They are piled up to the ceiling telling of a great meal enjoyed by all.
How I hate the washing up, dirty greasy cutlery slipping through my fingers.
The smell of food makes me hungry.
Is it lunchtime yet?
Spag boll or ravioli,
Shepherds pie,
Toad in the hole,
Even a sandwich would be great!
In fact I’d cook anything to get out of doing the washing up!

©Trevor Litchfield

No comments:

Post a Comment