Thursday 11 November 2010

Remberance

 Not published anywhere else, I've hidden this on here though, it is something of a personal poem

Remberance

Can you see what I see, can you? Do you want to look?
There is no light, is it dark? There must be something!
I can see shapes, I can’t see you! Can you see yet?
There was something, now it’s gone, there were shapes!
Are you still there? It is dark! There is no light
I could see shapes, not movement, where are you?
You said you would look! You can’t see at all!
You wanted to see what I see; now you’re gone!

Can you feel what I feel, can you? Do you want to touch?
It is soft, I’m sure it is, what is it that I feel?
There is hair, it must be hair, is that your head?
It is so soft and long, why don’t you feel it to?
You must feel it; I had it in my hand! I know I did
Where has it gone, it was there! Why don’t you touch?
You said you would touch! You can’t feel at all!
You wanted to feel what I feel; now you’re gone!

Can you hear what I hear, can you? Do you want to listen?
It is soft and gentle, I can hear water. Surely you hear it to
Water in the stream, flowing over pebbles and reeds
You can’t hear it can you? I know you can’t, you’re not there
I wish you could hear it, listen to the water like I do
But it has gone and so have you, why don’t you listen?
You said you would listen but you never listened to me
You wanted to hear what I hear and now I’m on my own.

©Trevor Litchfield

No comments:

Post a Comment