Tuesday 1 March 2011

How do I express myself when words fail me?

How do I express myself when words fail me? first appeared on Trev's Telautograph on February 12th 2011

How do I express myself when words fail me?
Life feels like it's passing me by yet days are full,
Friends call to drink tea and talk about their day
Other friends reply in support of my writing.
I should feel fulfilled with such wonderful people in my life

Chores are completed as if by rote, habit.
I read, I write, I attempt to be creative
Yet nothing brings satisfaction or direction.
Desires are dulled as if submerged in deep waters.
In my eyes I fail dismally to attain a life.

In search of this life I consider where I'm failing
Which only brings on more despair, money is the master.
I have no job, I apply for them daily
Two years I've applied yet interviews are rare
Is it my age, my appearance, my demeanour?

Oh I can fill the days with meaningless tasks
In fact I wonder at times where I would find the time
to fit in the hours required to be employed.
Are my days this meaningless or is my thought process awry
I'm asking you dear friend yet answers should come from within.


©Trevor Litchfield

No comments:

Post a Comment