Tuesday 1 March 2011

Today my tears are for you.

Today my tears are for you. first appeared on Trev's Telautograph on Sunday 27th February 2011

Walking through the estate late in the evening,
The sound of an Ice Cream vans tune
comes echoing over the houses
Shattering the silence.
The Teddy Bears Picnic: Surreal.
The tune reawakens memories of a time lost,
My chest aches at the memories,
Of the fields of tall grass,
As we innocently rolled together,
Flattening long paths,
We held each other close.

Standing in my room, lights out, curtains open.
Street lighting casts long shadows.
The screeching of tyres can be heard in the distance
The estate holds it’s breath
Waiting for the inevitable, metal on metal.
Memories of blood wash through my mind.
We lost you that day,
Yet others walked: Unscathed!
My mind still reels at the loss.
A life lost forever.
Today my tears are for you.
©2011 Trevor Litchfield

No comments:

Post a Comment