Friday 13 May 2011

Along the riverbank

Along the riverbank, where the tall reeds grow
Is a place of solitude with only natures silence
The sun shines through, reaching the reedy glade
Offering light for the thoughts within me
I lay me down on the flattened grass
A place I have lain so often this summer
Staring up into the blue and white heavens
Letting my world slip away, easing my soul
Muscles relax after the long walk by the water
Aches seem to drift away, even on this hard ground
As my muscles ease and so my mind is freed
Thinking of what might have been
Thinking of nothing at all, at least trying!
The swirls in the clouds bring life to the sky
Shapes of everyday common objects, formed
I delight in seeing these familiar visions
Common, yet shaped within my thoughts
Reeds rustle as the evening breeze moves in
Time to leave my place of hiding
Taking my place in a misunderstanding world

Marlow in Buckinghamshire
http://www.oldukphotos.com/buckinghamshire_great_marlow.htm



©2011 Trevor Litchfield

No comments:

Post a Comment