Friday 24 June 2011

Happy?

To think, all I ever wanted was to be happy.
Not one for fast cars (or fast women),
that happy-go-lucky fella with a smile on his face.
Endeavouring to be a good friend to those
that accept my friendship, expecting little in return.
Happily cooking for you, entertaining you,
the butt of your jokes with a smile on my face.
All I ever wanted was to make you happy!

Where did it all go wrong for me?
I was the one looking for happiness,
now it's you I'm trying to please!
When did I stop thinking about me
and start trying to please you?
Why have I stopped caring about me?

Questions start running through my mind,
creating turmoil as they bounce around my skull.
After all these years I finally stopped to think!
Why did I stop?
What do I think?
Where does all this thinking take me now?
It is not a case of stopping my life while I think,
I have to get on, life is passing me by!

©2011 Trevor Litchfield

2 comments:

  1. I think this is something so many of us can relate to my friend. I wonder where it begins, yes begins. We give so much, some take advantage of this, they stop giving only want more. How can it grow without being nurtured by both. Sad it becomes one sided. It is hard to let it go because true love can't stop...but you can move on. One can find love again.
    warm feathery, Rx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems many of us almost live the same lives, or at least feel we do and I guess for the most part we all experience the same emotions, live through the same disappointments.
    I am moving on, it's just sometimes....well you know.
    Thanks for reading and commenting oh warm & feathery one, as always it's much appreciated

    ReplyDelete