Friday 17 June 2011

Tomorrow is a new day (Beginning)

Tomorrow is a new day,
the beginning of the unknown.
The people we meet and talk to,
are looking for something new in us.
Whether it be words or ideas,
we need to fulfil this desire,
if only for ourselves to say that we achieved it
and take pride in our small achievement.

During this new beginning,
we might meet someone new.
Offering new words or ideas,
making us look in a new way.
Joined thinking offers exciting horizons,
it could be family or professional.
We must accept these new approaches,
we may never see them again.

As the door on the old day finally closes,
freeing the way for the new door to open.
So should we accept this new challenge,
with fortitude and grace.
Our lives will become meaningful,
our experiences will be refreshed, renewed.
Do not despair at the ending of today,
for tomorrow is the next beginning.

©2011 Trevor Litchfield

2 comments:

  1. Endings and beginnings always seem to bring something don't you think? Endings leave me with lessons, perhaps memories or questions to ponder. Beginnings always bring promise of something better, at least I hope so.
    Lovely poem for pondering such things.
    Thank you my friend of the warm feathery kind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was late at night and I felt the need to write, this is what appeared on the page.
    I imagine I was thinking of friendships coming and going really but sometimes, I do tend to write in an abstract way. At the end of the day, poetry is up for interpretation by the reader and as long as anyone reading my poetry enjoys it, I'm happy too.
    Be good you wonderful warm and feathery one (if you can't be good, email me ;) )

    ReplyDelete